Sunday, August 16, 2009

something really short and crummy and incomplete

hmmmm... story

short.. story.. hm. Sci fi?

Rapid footfalls echoed loudly inside the stone and metal Grand Observatory. This evening the most important, momentous, and exciting event in all history had occurred.

Young Jian was manning the controls when it happened. A simple click. That was only the

rapid footfalls made
hollow echoes throughout the
Observatory


well I'll post this. It's been open for about a hundred hours and it's got fewer total words. About halfway through writing that sentence I decided I was being maybe too verbose, so I thought about how I could tell the same story more economically. Thus you have the first sentence remade into a haiku. From here it was going to some form of contact; I don't really remember where I was writing. I've got a very loose-cut different idea in mind now, so I'll start up on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment